Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Logbook / Alex Thomson :"The boat bury’s her nose deep into every wave"

Day 38 - "Conditions have changed considerably since yesterday, currently sailing in 23-36 knots of wind with a very disorganised sea. I am struggling to make the boat go fast as i am sailing she constantly bury’s her nose deep into every wave we go down. I have to prudent but am very aware that Bernard’s boat with her fat bow will have less trouble with these conditions than i am having. Cest la vie! When the waves become more organised I will be able to increase sail and go faster but the last thing i need right now is a problem.

It is nice to be finally heading in the right direction as I have not been able to do that for some time. I am sailing towards this low pressure system in westerly winds which will back to the south in half a day before eventually settling back to the west again. The southerly wind will be very cold and i have prepared all my winter clothes"

Alex / Alex Thomson Racing