Friday, October 23, 2015

Transat Jacques Vabre / Giancarlo Pedote back to cross the ocean onboard FenetréA Prysmian

Giancarlo Pedote back to cross the ocean onboard FenêtréA-Prysmian Multi50 alongside Erwan Le Roux, in the longest crossing of the Atlantic Ocean: the Transat Jacques Vabre. After a season that saw them winners of Grand Prix Guyader, Armen Race, the Grand Prix Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and the trophy Prince de Bretagne Sud Goëlo, Giancarlo Pedote and Erwan Le Roux will depart Sunday 25 October at 13.30 for the Transat Jacques Vabre, classic double transatlantic from Le Havre, in Normandy, to Itajai in Brazil.


© Martin Keruzoré-Team Fenêtréa-Prysmian



This is the first time that Giancarlo Pedote cross the ocean on a multihull, an experience that represents the realization of a choice made at the beginning of the year, as the Italian skipper says: « I'm very happy to participate to the Transat Jacques Vabre in Multi50. Undoubtedly this is the most important regatta of the year, the clou of a path which took place in the best possible way and that allowed me to quickly learn the navigation in multihulls. This regatta of over 5000 miles long will be the culmination of this season 2015 that I decided to take on a different boat, unknown to me and still little known in Italy. Now I can confirm that I have made a correct choice for my career, especially in relation to future developments of the sail world, which will see multihulls increasingly protagonists in ocean racing ».


A dream come true for Pedote
« It was 2001. October 2001. I was at Le Havre, working as a trainer on a monohull from 50 feet. Each night after the day's work, I sat and watched the boats ready for departure and I dreamed of one day being on the other side: to be one of skipper to leave the port of Le Havre. Today, after 14 years, the dream came true ».


From Giancarlo Pedote